Purpose of the Treasurer's Office:
Efficiently and effectively collect, safeguard and distribute tax revenues.
Provide an accurate and transparent point of contact for questions and concerns regarding La Plata County Government and the use of tax funds.
Keep all stakeholders informed of Treasurer's Office policies and procedures.
Treasurer Tax Account Inquiry - Go here to find your Account or Reference Number
Pay Property Taxes - Have your account number handy, looks like: R123456 or M012345 (Also know as Reference Number)
click here to pay by e-check.
click here to pay by credit card. Costs you 2.19%, lowest convenience fee in Colorado.
Frequently Requested Files:
- 2016 Tax Roll (ZIP Format) - 2meg / 2016 Tax Roll (TXT Format) - 17meg / INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE TAX ROLL (PDF FORMAT)
- County Held Liens - Investors may purchase these liens for outstanding back taxes, interest, fees and penalties, then they may apply for a "Treasurer's Deed" on the property.
La Plata County property taxes are paid in arrears. 2015 taxes are due in 2016. The tax bills for 2016 will be mailed to the owners of record as of December 2015. If you do not receive your tax bill by the first week in February, please contact the Treasurer's Office, or you may look up the amount you owe using the link: Treasurer Tax Account Inquiry. You may pay on line by e-check or by cred it card at the following link: Pay Property Taxes. Even if you do not receive a tax bill, you are still responsible for paying the taxes you owe. Interest and penalties accrue from the first day after the due date.
- First Half property taxes due: February 29, 2016
- Second Half property taxes due: June 15, 2016
- Full Payment Due: May 2, 2016