La Plata County Senior Services is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for all adults age 60 years or older and helping them age with dignity and purpose.
Through information, advocacy and service, we are committed to building a healthier community for all senior residents.
Senior Lunch Programs
- More than 40,000 tasty meals are served each year
- Dine at the Durango, Bayfield or Ignacio Senior Centers
- Meals are home-delivered throughout La Plata County
- High quality, wholesome and delicious food!
The Durango~La Plata Senior Center serves meals in Durango Monday through Friday. Reservations are required, and must be made by 9:30 a.m.. For meal reservations or cancellations, please call 382-6445.
Lunch Donations: Seniors 60+ $4.00, Under 60 $7.00. View menu here
Pine River Senior Center in Bayfield serves lunch on Wednesdays and Fridays at noon. Reservations must be made by 9:00 a.m. by calling 884-5415.
Lunch Donations: Seniors 60+ $4.00, Under 60 $7.00. View menu here. View current newsletter here.
- Learn to use computers
- Enjoy painting, crocheting, ceramics and more
- Play cards, billiards and bingo
- Study history, language and healthy living
Reliable transportation to:
- Senior Centers
- Doctor Appointments
- Post Office or other services
Home Chore Services
- Home modifications - Minor repairs
- Heavy cleaning
- Snow removal - yard work
- Family caregiver support groups
- Medicare Insurance assistance
- Consumer and fraud issues
- Finding community resources
- Income Tax assistance