NOTICE- Last day to record a document for 2014 is Wednesday December 31, 2014. Office closes at noon.
Recording has the duty to record, index, maintain, and provide access to all real estate documents, uniform commercial code fixture filings, federal tax liens, military discharges, marriage licenses, civil unions, and other vital records. Historic documents for research and archival purposes date back to the 1800's.
- Online Recorded Documents - View recorded documents via the web. This free service gives you access to view all recorded documents. New recording system Acclaim effective Monday September 24, 2012. Any questions or concerns please contact our office.
- Papervision- Valid thru September 21, 2012
- Deposited Plat Index Information - this workbook is informational only and will be updated periodically.
- Patent Books Index - all books have duplicate page numbers. Pages not listed in these books are in general recordings unless otherwise indicated.
- Marriage/Civil Union License Kiosk- On-line application- Both parties may complete the application online. After the completion of the online application, both parties will need to appear in the La Plata County Clerk and Recorder's office to complete the application process. They must bring valid identification and $30.00. Once the license is issued the couple must be married in the State of Colorado within 35 days. Please note the office hours are Monday thru Friday, 8am to 4:30pm.
*Note that the Clerk-Recorder's Office is unable to give legal advice such as what type of document you need, or how to complete a document. We recommend you seek advice from an attorney before you record documents that affect title to property.