4-H is open to urban and rural youth ages 5 to 19. More than 300 La Plata County youth participate in local club, county, state and national activities. Members acquire life skills by working with individual projects and in club activities.
Enrollment is now OPEN for the 2014-2015 4-H Year.
If you are interested in joining, please contact the Extension Office at 970-382-6465.
Sign up to receive our 4H Blog!
4-H Information and Enrollment Forms:
**Returning Members can register at https://colorado.4honline.com ** Click here for step by step instructions on registering online.
- La Plata County 4-H Clubs
- Project List
- Member Enrollment Form - Enrollment is OPEN!
- Add Drop Form
- Adult Volunteer Enrollment Form - Enrollment is OPEN!
- 2014-2015 Calendar of Events
- List of Project Experts
- Horse Certificate - Due in to the Extension Office by May 29th, 2015
- Animal Care & Housing
- Code Of Practice
2015 Shooting Sports Leader Training Workshop - February 6th to 8th
2015 Shooting Sports Leader Training Workshops are being offered to 4-H Leaders and Teen Leaders at the La Plata County Fairgrounds. There must be at least 25 registered leaders at a training site in order for the workshop to be held. Registration will be offered online through our 4hOnline registration system. Information about registration, payment, cancellations, and event location are all listed below.
Who is This Workshop Intended For? The Shooting Sports Winter/Spring Workshop Series is geared towards adult leaders and teen leaders (age 14-19) who are interested in furthering their training skills for working with 4-H youth in Shooting Sports related activities. Your County Agent must approve of your attendance at this workshop prior to your registration.
IMPORTANT: Individuals who are not currently affiliated with Colorado 4-H MUST FIRST CONTACT their local Extension office in order to register for this event! Contact your county Extension office to register for this event. Individuals from outside of Colorado must contact La Plata County be enrolled into the system.
Pistol, Archery, Muzzle Loading, Hunting/Outdoor Skills, Rifle, Range Safety Officer, Basic Shotgun
The workshop begins at 6:00 PM on Friday evening and adjourns at 1:00 PM on Sunday morning. View the agenda »
La Plata County Fairgrounds 2500 Main Ave., Durango, CO 81301
- » $95 / person: 4-H Leaders and Teen Leaders
- » $120 / person: Non 4-H individuals
- Note: Please make checks out to La Plata County 4-H
- Online registration is ONLY for Leaders & Teen Leaders who are affiliated with Colorado 4-H. All other individuals must contact Angela Fountain - email@example.com or 970-382-6465 to register.
- » Registration Available: 11/4/2014 - 1/30/2015
- » Late Registration (additional $10): 1/31/2015 - 2/8/2015
- » Registration Website
- Payment Information
- » Payments are due by 1/30/2015
- » Please PRINT INVOICE from registration and mail with payment
- » Make checks payable to: La Plata County 4-H
- Mail payment to:
- La Plata County 4-H
Attn: Angela Fountain
2500 Main Ave.
Durango, CO 81301
- You must contact Angela Fountain firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 2/3/2015 to receive a maximum refund of $50.00. No refunds will be given after that date.
2015 LIVESTOCK RECORD BOOKS & Guide Books
These record books are for all Beef, Swine, Sheep, Goat, Poultry, & Rabbit projects.
These record books are different than the State 4-H issued ones, so please only use these.
NEW 4-H APP!!! This App will help you keep track of your costs, income & activities for your animal project https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/4-h-livestock-record/id898568078?mt=8
****Be sure to download the Guide Book as well****
***All Livestock, Horse. Dog, and Community Service Record Books are Due the week of July 20th - 24th, 2015. The deadline is 5:00pm on Friday July 24th.
- Junior Guide Book - Step by Step Instructions to the Junior Record Book
- Junior Judges Score Sheet
Below are the Junior Supplement Pages. You will only need to print these pages if you are filling out your record book by hand and run out of space on pages 6 & 9. If you are filling out your record book on the computer, it will automatically add more lines as you need them.
- Intermediate Guide Book - Step by Step Instructions to the Intermediate Record Book
- Intermediate Judges Score Sheet
Below are the Intermediate Supplement Pages. You will only need to print these pages if you are filling out your record book by hand and run out of space on pages 7 & 9. If you are filling out your record book on the computer, it will automatically add more lines as you need them.
- Senior Guide Book - Step by Step Instructions to the Senior Record Book
- Senior Judges Score Sheet
Below are the Senior Supplement Pages. You will only need to print these pages if you are filling out your record book by hand and run out of space on pages 7 & 9. If you are filling out your record book on the computer, it will automatically add more lines as you need them.
Breeding Supplements - for Junior, Intermediate & Senior
- Breeding Beef Record (word) (PDF)
- Dairy Cow Record (word) (PDF)
- Ewe Record (word) (PDF)
- Breeding Goat (word) (PDF)
- Dairy Goat (word) (PDF)
- Angora Goats (word) (PDF)
- Cashmere Goats (word) (PDF)
- Utility Goat (word) (PDF)
- Individual Rabbit - Buck (word) (PDF)
- Individual Rabbit - Doe (word) (PDF)
- Individual Rabbit - Litter (word) (PDF)
- Poultry Egg Production Record (word) (PDF)
- Sow Record (word) (PDF)
Horse Record Books & Infomation
2014 Fair Horse Letter
- Senior Horse Record Book (exl) (PDF)
- Intermediate Record Book (exl) (PDF)
- Junior Record Book (exl) (PDF)
- Horse Record Book Score Sheet - all ages
- La Plata County 4-H Horse Project Guidelines for Completion and Important Dates of Events
- Horse Safety Test - Due in to the Extension Office by May 30th, 2014
- Horse Certificate - Due into the Extension Office by May 30th, 2014
Dog Record Book & Info.
- Junior Dog Record Book word (PDF)
- Intermediate Dog Record Book word (PDF)
- Senior Dog Record Book word (PDF)
- Record Book Score Sheet - all ages word (PDF)
General/Natural Resources - Record Books and Project Information
- Ceramics - All Units
- Global Citizenship
- Horseless Horse
- Model Rocketry - All Units
- Outdoor Adventures
- Photography - Levels 1-3
- Photography - Lightning Photography Unit 4
- Photography - Unit 6
- Photography - Filmmaking Unit 7
- Power of Wind
- Small Engines - Units 1-3
- Small Engines - Unit 4
- Sports Fishing –All Units
- Vet. Science
- Visual Arts –All Units
- Wildlife - All Units
- Woodworking - All Units
4-H Shooting Sports - Record Books and Project Information
Family & Consumer Science - Record Books and Project Information
- Artistic Clothing
- Baking Units 21-24
- Breads Units 11-14
- Cake Decorating - All Units
- Child Development
- Clothing Construction - All Units
- Foods and Nutrition - Units 1-4
- Foods and Nutrition - Bread e-Record Units 11-14
- Foods and Nutrition - Baking Units 21-24
- Foods and Nutrition - Oudoor Cooking and Living Unit 25
- Foods and Nutrition - Cultural Foods Unit 30
- Foods and Nutrition - Passport to Foreign Cookery Unit 35
- Foods and Nutrition - Food Preservation Units 40-43
- Heritage Arts - All projects
- Home Environment - All Units
Self-Determine - County Project e-Record
- January 2014 HUBS
- February 2014 HUBS
- March 2014 HUBS
- April 2014 HUBS
- May 2014 HUBS
- June 2014 HUBS
- July 2014 HUBS
- Mid August 2014 HUBS
- September 2014 HUBS
- October 2014 HUBS
- November 2014 HUBS
- December 2014 HUBS
- January 2013 HUBS
- February 2013 HUBS
- March 2013 HUBS
- April 2013 HUBS
- May 2013 HUBS
- June 2013 HUBS
- July 2013 HUBS
- August 2013 HUBS
- September 2013 HUBS
- October 2013 HUBS
- November 2013 HUBS
- December 2013 HUBS
Additional information on the 4-H program is also available at www.colorado4h.org.