4-H is open to urban and rural youth ages 5 to 19. More than 300 La Plata County youth participate in local club, county, state and national activities. Members acquire life skills by working with individual projects and in club activities.
Enrollment is now OPEN for the 2014-2015 4-H Year.
If you are interested in joining, please contact the Extension Office at 970-382-6465.
2014 La Plata County Fair Information and Fair Book - 2015 Fair Dates: August 5th to 9th
Sign up to receive our 4H Blog!
4-H Information and Enrollment Forms:
**Returning Members can register at https://colorado.4honline.com ** Click here for step by step instructions on registering online.
- La Plata County 4-H Clubs
- Project List
- Member Enrollment Form - Enrollment is OPEN!
- Add Drop Form
- Adult Volunteer Enrollment Form - Enrollment is OPEN!
- 2015 Calendar of Events
- List of Project Experts
- Horse Certificate - Due in to the Extension Office by May 29th, 2015
- Animal Care & Housing
- Code Of Practice
2015 Rabbit Camp
You are invited to the 8th annual 4-H rabbit camp. This camp is open to 4-H members and potential 4-H members (you do not need to have a rabbit to attend). Cloverbuds are welcome all day Saturday.
Rabbit Camp will be from Friday, March 6th to March 8th. In addition to showing their rabbit(s), campers will have an excellent opportunity to experience what goes on behind the scenes at a rabbit show. Workshops will include showmanship, judging, records, interviews and creative design and how to compete on the State & National level. Our goal is to meet and challenge every individual. Formal workshops will end Saturday evening following, dinner, awards and clean up.
Only those that are interested in Rabbit Judging will be staying Saturday night and will practice giving demonstrations, reasons, and knowledge bowl. Sunday morning will finish up with a Judging meet.
We need your expertise. If you excel in some area, please offer to help us with a class. We have classes for the very young beginners to the senior 4-Hers, so any and all help is appreciated. Please feel free to call Raejean at 970-946-4130 or email her at email@example.com.
All meals are provided. 4-H members and chaperons’ will be sleeping at the fairgrounds. Bring your sleeping bags, air mattress and cots.
We encourage and welcome parents to come, stay, learn, help and share!
4-H member $50.00 2nd child $40.00 Adults & Cloverbuds $20.00 (to cover meals)
If you have any questions, please call or email Raejean Riegel at 970-946-4130 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Angela Fountain at the La Plata County Extension Office, 970-382-6465 or email@example.com
2015 LIVESTOCK RECORD BOOKS & Guide Books
These record books are for all Beef, Swine, Sheep, Goat, Poultry, & Rabbit projects.
These record books are different than the State 4-H issued ones, so please only use these.
NEW 4-H APP!!! This App will help you keep track of your costs, income & activities for your animal project https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/4-h-livestock-record/id898568078?mt=8
****Be sure to download the Guide Book as well****
***All Livestock, Horse. Dog, and Community Service Record Books are Due the week of July 20th - 24th, 2015. The deadline is 5:00pm on Friday July 24th.
- Junior Guide Book - Step by Step Instructions to the Junior Record Book
- Junior Judges Score Sheet
Below are the Junior Supplement Pages. You will only need to print these pages if you are filling out your record book by hand and run out of space on pages 6 & 9. If you are filling out your record book on the computer, it will automatically add more lines as you need them.
- Intermediate Guide Book - Step by Step Instructions to the Intermediate Record Book
- Intermediate Judges Score Sheet
Below are the Intermediate Supplement Pages. You will only need to print these pages if you are filling out your record book by hand and run out of space on pages 7 & 9. If you are filling out your record book on the computer, it will automatically add more lines as you need them.
- Senior Guide Book - Step by Step Instructions to the Senior Record Book
- Senior Judges Score Sheet
Below are the Senior Supplement Pages. You will only need to print these pages if you are filling out your record book by hand and run out of space on pages 7 & 9. If you are filling out your record book on the computer, it will automatically add more lines as you need them.
Breeding Supplements - for Junior, Intermediate & Senior
- Breeding Beef Record (word) (PDF)
- Dairy Cow Record (word) (PDF)
- Ewe Record (word) (PDF)
- Breeding Goat (word) (PDF)
- Dairy Goat (word) (PDF)
- Angora Goats (word) (PDF)
- Cashmere Goats (word) (PDF)
- Utility Goat (word) (PDF)
- Individual Rabbit - Buck (word) (PDF)
- Individual Rabbit - Doe (word) (PDF)
- Individual Rabbit - Litter (word) (PDF)
- Poultry Egg Production Record (word) (PDF)
- Sow Record (word) (PDF)
Horse Record Books & Infomation
- Senior Horse Record Book (exl) (PDF)
- Intermediate Record Book (exl) (PDF)
- Junior Record Book (exl) (PDF)
- Horse Record Book Score Sheet - all ages
- La Plata County 4-H Horse Project Guidelines for Completion and Important Dates of Events
- Horse Safety Test - Due in to the Extension Office by May 29th, 2015
- Horse Certificate - Due into the Extension Office by May 29th, 2015
Dog Record Book & Info.
- Junior Dog Record Book word (PDF)
- Intermediate Dog Record Book word (PDF)
- Senior Dog Record Book word (PDF)
- Record Book Score Sheet - all ages word (PDF)
General/Natural Resources - Record Books and Project Information
- Ceramics - All Units
- Global Citizenship
- Horseless Horse
- Model Rocketry - All Units
- Outdoor Adventures
- Photography - Levels 1-3
- Photography - Lightning Photography Unit 4
- Photography - Unit 6
- Photography - Filmmaking Unit 7
- Power of Wind
- Small Engines - Units 1-3
- Small Engines - Unit 4
- Sports Fishing –All Units
- Vet. Science
- Visual Arts –All Units
- Wildlife - All Units
- Woodworking - All Units
4-H Shooting Sports - Record Books and Project Information
Family & Consumer Science - Record Books and Project Information
- Artistic Clothing
- Baking Units 21-24
- Breads Units 11-14
- Cake Decorating - All Units
- Child Development
- Clothing Construction - All Units
- Foods and Nutrition - Units 1-4
- Foods and Nutrition - Bread e-Record Units 11-14
- Foods and Nutrition - Baking Units 21-24
- Foods and Nutrition - Oudoor Cooking and Living Unit 25
- Foods and Nutrition - Cultural Foods Unit 30
- Foods and Nutrition - Passport to Foreign Cookery Unit 35
- Foods and Nutrition - Food Preservation Units 40-43
- Heritage Arts - All projects
- Home Environment - All Units
Self-Determine - County Project e-Record
- January 2014 HUBS
- February 2014 HUBS
- March 2014 HUBS
- April 2014 HUBS
- May 2014 HUBS
- June 2014 HUBS
- July 2014 HUBS
- Mid August 2014 HUBS
- September 2014 HUBS
- October 2014 HUBS
- November 2014 HUBS
- December 2014 HUBS
Additional information on the 4-H program is also available at www.colorado4h.org.