The following information is collected automatically for internal statistical reporting of site traffic. This information also assists County development staff who analyze the information for future site design specifications; this is to improve services and the usefulness of our site.
- Date and time a user accessed the site.
- Type of browser and operating system used when accessing the site, such as Internet Explorer 8.0, Mozilla Firefox 3.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Linux, etc.;
- Screen resolution settings
- The Internet domain (example, “website.com.”) and Internet Protocol address (example 999.999.999.99)
- Country and/or State that linked to our site
- Pages visited within the site
- If you link to our site from another referring site, the address of the original referring site
- We do not collect any personal information about you from our site, unless you choose to provide that information to us.
An example of ways that personal information is gathered is:
- completing an online job application
- completing a voluntary online form
- sending us an email
- or registering for a subscription
If you submit your resume through our website, we use your personal information only in considering your application for employment.
We do not sell, or distribute the data to anyone for commercial or marketing purposes. The information is not reported in a manner that would personally identify the user. This information will not be released to any outside parties unless we are legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings.
Any information that we receive through use of our site is subject to the same provisions as information provided to us on paper. Emails are treated the same way that we treat letters sent to us. We would only share the information you give us with other governmental agencies if your inquiry relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by the Colorado Public Records Actor other law.
Our web site may be linked to or from local, State and federal government agencies, as well as other private websites. Linking to other sites does not imply that we endorse the content of the linking destination site. Once you link to another website you should review their privacy statements and conditions of use, as this Privacy Notice will not apply.
When linking to this site you must refrain from creating frames, or other visual altering tools around the La Plata County pages. In addition, you must not imply that La Plata County endorses your web site, product or services.
This site is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. You should not assume that this site is error-free or that it will be suitable for the particular purpose you have in mind when using it.